A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 6 December 2017

WOYWW #444

Plan A this week is to write out all my Christmas Cards, and get those posted that need to be. Australia's last posting day is Saturday, so I have a deadline! 
There has been some crafting, but I'll show that at the end, can't have the pic showing up in my Facebook link. So this is my computer desk, tucked into the corner of my craft room.
Lots of crystals, and crystal figures. My Punk Hedgehog, courtesy of LLJ, and behind that a Raven on a skull, on some Edgar Allen Poe books.
An empty Bitter Lemon bottle ties for first choice with Coke, lol- and just behind the keyboard is a stamp I've been waiting to get since I saw it on Helens blog, Stamping by H. It's called Catacombs, by Carabelle Studios. Helen must have bought the only one in the UK, as I couldn't find anywhere that had it in stock. I did look at Carabelles own site, but the postage from France was the same as the cost of the stamp, so I waited till someone emailed me that they were in stock.








Over on my crafting desk is some storage boxes for WOW! embossing powders, I bought some from the NEC, but needed a few more so I can store various colours together.








My box of Christmas cards for writing out. Most of these were made last year, as I had a bit of a Christmas Card frenzy, so haven't actually made many this year. I'll need to restock next year, I think. I have so many Christmas stamps, stencils and dies that have never yet seen daylight!


This is what Ive been working on this week- a card for a work colleague leaving to have a baby boy.


 I need a focal image, and ordered a suitable stamp set- I only have a couple of Baby stamps- both BABY in blocks- and wanted a pram image. 




 
I ordered a nice set from Clarity when they  had their sale a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for it, I've just emailed to find out if it's been posted yet.
 Had plenty of time when I ordered it, but it's getting a bit urgent now. I've also had a search, and ordered a second Pram stamp from Cards by Chloe, just in case.
This is the set I ordered.
 So that's my contribution to this weeks WOYWW over at The Stamping Ground. 






   And finally..........................





P.S.
If anyone receives odd emails from me, or has in the last few days, probably mainly about ATC's, please accept my apologies, and ignore them.
I updated my Gmail account a few days ago, and for some weird reason it has now been sending out randomly old emails, from months ago. 
 Dougs going to have a look and see what it's playing at, probably tomorrow, as he has a day off.











30 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. Oh... you look SO organised and tidy - a great pile of cards, all neat, storage boxes, neatly waiting their turn to be used, no scrap papery bits messing up the computer area... Fancy achieving that state in my workspace??? Hope the ordered stamp arrives soon 'cos that card is lovely.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

SusanLotus said...

I like the crystal collection and the cute cute cat
in the background. :)
The Christmas cards in your box looks lovely as well.'
Good morning and Happy WOYWW from Sweden,
SusanLotus nr 5.

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I love your crafty corner. Great to have all your favourite things around you. Hope that your pram stamps arrive very soon. I have ordered from Hochanda for the first time - the new CDs from Michelle Jackson-Mogford - and of course they will probably arrive after we have left for Spain. Oh well, a nice surprise for me when we get back (as I would have forgotten that I had ordered them!). I am just about to PM you on Facebook, so keep an eye out for that. Ali x #6

Helen said...

Glad you finally got your skulls! They either had hardly any or it was very very popular!! Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Guess what arrived at mine earlier this week; great minds think alike. The Catacombs stamp is fab isn't it? Hope your other stamps turn up soon. Love the background for the baby card. Happy WOYWW Sarah #8

Annie said...

Love your desk Shaz. So nice to be surrounded with all your special things when working. Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Anne said...

Hi Shaz - I wish I'd had a Christmas Card making frenzy last year lol and I wouldn't now be contemplating buying some :-) - I do it every year - leave it all to the last minute! Hope your order arrives in time for you to complete the baby card. Yesterday I had an email pop up from you with your address for the ATC swap - must have been floating around in the ether for a while :-) Have a good week Anne x #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey, good to see the punk hedgehog is on your desk! I'm impressed that his nose chain is still in place, lol!! You've made some lovely cards there, the Christmas ones are fab and the baby card is so cute! That catacombs stamp is really great - I can see you using that a lot! Well done for being patient and not forking out for stupid postage.
Hugs LLJ 10 xxxx

Christine said...

What a beautiful card! Hope your stamps arrive soon.
Best of luck with all the writing and addressing.
Christine #15

Ellie said...

Fab card. Oh no! I hope your stamps arrive! Hate having to rush! Have a great day.
Ellie #17

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Totally impressed at organization Shaz.. im bit behind eight ball here, better get wriggle on!
re stamp not turning up.. suggestion if not posted is to try a digital stamp. I use them a lot for baby cards.
here is one
http://www.justinklined.com/digital-stamp-vintage-pram
Happy WOYWW Shaz in oz.x
#18

Jan said...

You have a very productive work space TFS. xx Jan (20)

Kim said...

I love your collections around your computer. Nice place to work. Also love the cards visible in your box. Every year i try not to buy new Christmas stamps, etc., as I have so many that haven't been inked. I think I used 2 this year! Also, I used all the new ones as well...Yay!
Have a great week. I hope your baby set arrives in time.
-K #23

Cheetarah said...

Looks like that will take some time to write out those cards! They do look fab :) Happy WOYWW xo Cheetarah #26

StampinCarol said...

Love your desk! I started tidying mine then started on a project, then started on another! Too many right now! LOL! As to virgin stamps, yep, I have a few that have not touched ink yet. Thanks for the visit and have a great week!
Carol N #21

Annie Claxton said...

Ooooohhhh love that stamp!! There was a Carabelle stand at Ally Pally back in September and I loved their style. Look at you go with all those handmade cards - good luck getting them all written and sent off, John writes most of ours as his handwriting is so much nicer :o) Annie C #30

Anonymous said...

so many treasures and curiosities on your desk and beautiful work too!!!!

May said...

Love your organised desk and your kitty on the screen is so cute...Love the skull stamp... so many beautiful Christmas cards..I posted some today to Canada & the USA ... Gorgeous baby card, Have a great rest of the week...May #3

Julia Dunnit said...

I don’t believe that, you’re too nice to be tantruming.....but then I can’t imagine you ever being in a coffee-less position!! ( conscious, anyway!!) bad luck about the stamps, Clarity must have been quite overwhelmed because I get the impression that you wouldn’t normally wait that long. It’s a job isn’t it, the writing of the cards!

Sharon Madson said...

Love that baby card you are working on! It is gorgeous! Good luck on figuring out the email; I still haven't figured out g-mail or whatever it is.
#36

Monica said...

hello Shaz, Wrote my post yesterday and forgot this morning. I love Carrabelle stamps, Avoline is one of their designers and she gave a class on Wanderlust. Lovely cards and so good you have them all finished. I have problems with typing in the comment boxes. It seems to eat my words. This is attempt #3,
Monica #37

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, the baby card looks lovely. I seem to have made an awful lot of those this year! Thanks for stopping by earlier and for the links to the brayer videos. I shall watch them soon. Have a lovely week Heather #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz. That's interesting, I have a raven on a scull but don't think it's quite the same. Hope your stamp arrives on time but I do have a pram die so if it gets desperate let me know and I'll cut some out and send them to you, just need to know what colours you want. You can use my contact form on the blog. Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x12x

Felicia said...

Shaz, love your computer area and all those great crystals! That is too funny about the "skull" stamp! I think we have all loved that stamp that Helen featured! She got in on the jump, huh? Glad you were able to finally get one! I love that beautiful baby card, so precious! Good luck with your Christmas card deadline! Glad we don't have one of those here in the states, I'd be up the creek without a paddle! LOL Blessings, Felicia #35

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Shaz,
I was nodding along going yep, yep. I remember that stamp. most of my Christmas cards going out this year I did make last year and that is funny with the email so, hopefully its not too far deep of a rabbit hole to find the glitch. That looks like a really neat stamp set so, hopefully it arrives soon, I love the background you built for it. ~Stacy #27

Victoria said...

Beautiful! What a super-fun and enchanting desk/workspace, I love it, and love your raven and all your magical treasures you mentioned like(skull, Poe..)! Beautiful cards, they look wonderful and the catacomb art is stunning. Lovely to see your creative world!
happy WOYWW
Victoria #32

Cara said...

Great post, that stamp is amazing, I can see why you had to have it. I hope the stamp set arrives soon x

Twiglet said...

Better late than never! I don't know where time goes! At least I have managed a bit of crafty fabric work for my cards this week. Your stash of cards will come in handy - they look so cheery and festive! xJo

MaryH said...

Hi Shaz, lovely to have a little tour of your desk and craft space. Looks so bright, light and cheery. Nice stash of Christmas cards. I'm doing basically the same thing, using cards I made last year. I see some awesome pretty ones in that basket. Loved the baby card, with the swirl design as you've done it. Hope you are doing ok, and sorry to have been so MIA for a long time! Trying to get back in the swing of things. TFS & Merry Christmas. Hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

Good luck on your deadline, Shaz! And hey, I've got a NY resolution for ya: organize us up a group to make Christmas cards throughout the year. You could get peeps to join the WOYWW and show what they've made on Wednesdays or something... I'm thinking if you told me to do something, I might do it! haha In related news, you must have told me not to touch a bunch of stamps and dies, mine haven't seen daylight either! haha XOXOXOXO

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...